Staff Accountant- Audit- Knoxville
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||LBMC, PC - Audit & Assurance|
|Description:||The Staff’s focus is on developing his/her skills and knowledge base in accounting and auditing. This is done through training and on-the-job experience in performing diversified accounting and auditing assignments as assigned by management. In completing work assignments, the Staff member will be closely supervised and take direction from peers and managers. As the Consultant gains more experience and proficiency, he/she is given more responsibilities and more difficult tasks, which could involve some of the duties and responsibilities of an In-Charge.|
|Duties:||Technical Expertise and Work Quality|
• Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments as assigned by management.
o Possesses or attains a clear understanding of the engagement objective in order to perform only the necessary procedures.
o Demonstrates efforts to gain an actual understanding of the client through inquisition, observation and study as well as interaction with others in the firm.
o Applies professional skepticism to the audit.
o Demonstrates a common sense approach to problem solving, clearly identifying issues and/or problems as they arise.
o Documents procedures performed and conclusions reached.
o Accurately completes tasks within the timeframes established by client as communicated through In-Charge and/or Manager.
o Responds positively to suggestions to improve work quality.
• Develops and demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills. Keeps client personnel informed as appropriate. Communicates status of engagement to the In-Charge in a timely manner. Lets In-Charge know of issues that arise with the client so that they are fully informed of all matters. Prepares work papers that are neat, organized, clear and cross referenced.
• Obtains an annual utilization budget of 1,800 chargeable hours.
Business Ethics and Standards
• Develops personal traits of good client and staff relations, teamwork, positive attitude, self-confidence, integrity and personal appearance.
• Become familiar with and adheres to the contents of the firm’s processes and procedures including knowledge of the firm's policy on privacy. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, and the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy.
• Develops a solid knowledge of principals of accounting and auditing.
• Prepares for and completes CPA examination.
• Develops good habits of personal time management.
Business Development/Client Relationships
• Develops general skills in networking and business etiquette.
• Promotes name recognition of firm.
• Becomes involved in community/civic/social organizations and events.
• Develops an understanding of the services provided by the firm and the affiliates.
• Watches for articles on firm clients to share with partners.
Leading and/or Developing Others
Will also perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree plus completion of additional course hours necessary to be qualified to sit for the CPA exam. Should have CPA license or actively working towards achieving CPA license. Position requires 1-2 years previous experience as a Staff Accountant in Auditing with a public accounting firm. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.